Friday, October 15, 2021

ABC Weekend Special, "The Adventures of a Two-Minute Werewolf"

 


Welcome to Friday! This means we have a long-form program to share, and this week it's something I've been looking for for years and couldn't find it--until now! Today I present the 1985 ABC Weekend Special "The Adventures of a Two-Minute Werewolf!"

The ABC Weekend Special aired on ABC for a number of years as part of the network's Saturday morning lineup, scheduled after the earlier morning cartoons and before American Bandstand, and was aimed at a preteen audience. As for this particular installment, I'm going to borrow the description from the YouTube user who uploaded it, as it's clear and concise:

"13-year-old Walt Cribbens finds himself transforming into a werewolf for two minutes at a time. He has no idea why he is a werewolf, so he decides to seek answers with the help of his best friend Cindy, who witnessed his very first transformation. This quest is complicated by a series of local robberies that throw suspicion on Walt."

I remember this being a lot of fun, so I hope you enjoy as well.

Have a great weekend! Look out for Michael Myers, he's back in town!


4 comments:

Tom said...

Oh man, I LOVED the ABC Weekend Specials and this was one of my favorites along with The Ghost of Thomas Kempe, The Haunted Mansion Mystery and The Red Room Riddle. Loved all those spooky episodes. Thanks for sharing the link to the Youtube full episode. I actually have this on VHS, but I had never found it on YouTube while looking in past years.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Tom! I hadn't been able to find it either until now.

Caffeinated Joe said...

Don't remember this episode, at all. Cool retro find, thanks for posting.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Joe! Think of it as Preteen Wolf :)