Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Fridays, "Diner of the Living Dead"

 



Today on the Countdown I offer a fun, if gross, skit from the infamous 1980s comedy series Fridays.

Fridays aired for three seasons on ABC in the early 80s and featured future Seinfeld co-creator Larry David and cast member Michael Richards ("Kramer"). The skit below is one of the earliest, and most notorious, of the entire series. On the third episode of the first season, "Diner of the Living Dead" aired, about a young human couple looking for a bite to eat, and stop at a local diner--completely staffed by flesh-eating zombies.

The skit is pretty gory for a comedy show, even one airing late at night, and a decent number of ABC affiliates were so offended by the sketch that they dropped the series from their schedules

So I choose to show it to you now. Enjoy!

Just don't watch while eating!

5 comments:

Tom said...

Funny how something we find amusing now was found objectionable back then. Desensitization anyone?

Phillyradiogeek said...

Most of the offended affiliates were in the Southern Bible Belt, so it's not too surprising :)

Caffeinated Joe said...

Never saw that before. I like the Flo from Alice zombie waitress.

The Retro Dad said...

Man.. its been years since Fridays has crossed my mind! I'm sure there are more skits and humor stuck in the old memory banks somewhere that helped form my sense of humor!

Phillyradiogeek said...

I watched several episodes from the first season this spring, and when this skit came up, I knew I had to feature it in the Countdown!