Monday, October 4, 2021

Halloween TV Commercials 2021 Edition Part 1

 



Hello pumpkins! Welcome to the first full week of the Countdown to Halloween. I hope you spent the first weekend of October doing scary, spooky things! I know I did--I got a flu shot. Scary! And I just started decorating for the holiday, finally. I only got a few items up so far, but I'll be adding more and more throughout the week.

For the first true article of the Countdown (with Friday's post being just an intro), I present one of my favorite categories of Countdown articles--great Halloween TV commercials. As much as most people find your average commercial an annoyance, Halloween-themed commercials let you know that society is ready to get its scare on. Let's check out my first of what I hope will be several sets of commercial goodness!

First up--would you move into a haunted house just to enjoy a brand new Audi? These people certainly would!


Next, Walgreen's has long been a Halloween headquarters for the latest decorations and candy. Check them out now if you haven't already!




In this next commercial, the villains have taken over Disneyland in Calfornia! Beware of the grim, grinning ghosts!



Think that's scary? That's nothing compared to the haunting of Universal Orlando during Halloween Horror Nights!



Airing this very year, here is Freeform's fun promo for their classic perennial, 31 Nights of Halloween!



Finally (for now), this next commercial gets me right in the nostalgia bone. It's a Woolworth and Woolco ad from my childhood shilling the cheapest costumes Ben Cooper had to offer. For me, THIS is Halloween!



I hope you enjoyed these exhibits of creepy capitalism. Stay tuned for more installments this month, and please hang around for all my exhibits during the Countdown to Halloween. The fun is literally just beginning!

2 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Great choices. I love the cheesy old Woolworth ad! All decorated here, weird with the kids grown, but still enjoy transforming the place.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Awesome Joe!