Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve '79


Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas or Hanukkah. But the holidays aren't over yet. We have one more celebration before we put a wrap on the holiday season--New Year's Day! And I can't think of a better way to celebrate the new year than by--celebrating an old year!

When I was growing up in my house in the '70s and '80s, Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve was a yearly tradition. I wouldn't think of ringing in the new year without it! And here is an example of what made the broadcast so fun. Here is the one that welcomed 1979, and it's filled with late '70s goodness. Put on your platform shoes and dance along with everyone. Check it out embedded below or directly on YouTube here.

Enjoy! And stay tuned if you do enjoy it, because I think I'll post one or two more before 2022 is over.

Thanks!

3 comments:

Tom said...

When I was a kid in the 70's, I never imagined I'd spend so much time in the future immersing myself in the past, but here we are. A toast to the New Year, that is to 1979.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Indeed, Tom. Happy Old Year! :)

Tom said...

Happy Old Year to you, Philly. Can't wait for the 80's!