Friday, October 28, 2022

The Fall Guy, "October the 31st," Guest Starring Elvira

 



Well, this is it! The last weekend before Halloween and my penultimate article for the Countdown. Time certainly does fly, but what a time we've been having along the way!

The last long-form program for the Countdown is a fun one. Today I feature a Halloween episode of the '80s action series The Fall Guy. The series stars Lee Majors as Colt Seavers, a full-time Hollywood stunt man and part-time bounty hunter who, with help from his friends, captures crooks on the run for extra money.

In this episode, Colt is supposed to be part of a horror movie starring Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (played, of course, by the always wonderful Cassandra Peterson) filming in an old house, but the owner of the house refuses to let the crew film there. Soon after, supernatural hijinks happen--or are they really supernatural?

The Fall Guy was always a lighthearted series, but this episode is even more tongue in cheek than usual. And they're not just paying lip service to Halloween with an episode title like "October the 31st." This episode actually aired on Halloween night, 1984.

Enjoy! Make the most of this last spooky weekend! Please come back Monday for my last article for the Countdown to Halloween!

3 comments:

Tom said...

I think I've already said it here, but I love those Halloween episodes of TV shows from the 70's and 80's. This is another one to add to my list (and I'm running out of time to watch!) Thanks!

Caffeinated Joe said...

Love the classic shows and their Halloween forays. Ties in so much nostalgia in one episode.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thank you Tom and Joe! I think I'm going to lean even more heavily into these types of shows for next year. They're a lot of fun!