Friday, October 7, 2022

The Love Boat, "Ship of Ghouls" (1978)

 



It's Friday people! And during the Countdown to Halloween, I like to share a long-form program for the weekend. This weekend's feature should be a treat.

In reviewing last year's articles, I noticed a glaring omission--there was no Vincent Price feature last year! I do my best to put Vincent in the mix at least once every year, but I completely dropped the ball last year and didn't notice it until this year. To fix that dreadful mistake, I'm featuring the great man now, but in an unlikely place.

This is an episode of The Love Boat, titled "Ship of Ghouls." Originally airing on Saturday, October 28th, 1978 on ABC, this episode features Price as a great illusionist who is blind to the affections of his female friend. There are two other subplots, but Vincent's is the one that makes this a Halloween episode. There is also a Halloween costume party that is a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, the video is cut off at the very beginning, but the fidelity is quite good.

Enjoy, Vincent fans! Have a great weekend! Do something spooky, it's the first weekend of October! Make it a great one!




3 comments:

Tom said...

Nothing like a Love Boat Halloween episode. I'll be checking this out this weekend. Thanks!

Caffeinated Joe said...

Love Boat + Halloween + Vincent Price? Count me in!

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Tom and Joe! I had a feeling this would be up both your alleys :)