Monday, October 17, 2022

Pumpkin Moon Animated TV Special (2005)

 



Welcome to Week 3 of the Countdown to Halloween! Today, I offer a special I've been trying to track down for years.

In researching material for Countdowns past, I came across a song written for a British animated TV special called Pumpkin Moon. The animation looked very cute, as was the song, but I couldn't find the special anywhere. Information on the special was sparse as well; all I could find was that it was made for British TV and was based on a children's book.

Now, after years of patience, I finally found it! Pumpkin Moon is about the relationship between a black cat and a magical jack o' lantern and the bond they form. Meanwhile, a small army--literally a small army--of witches looks to wage war on the benevelent pumpkins of the Midwestern US town they inhabit.

I haven't had the chance to see this before blogging it (always a role of the dice), so I'll be watching this for the first time along with you.

Enjoy! You can also watch the special directly on YouTube here.

No comments: