Thursday, October 15, 2020

Halloween Music Videos

 



Today I offer a few music videos with either a direct or indirect Halloween connection.

First up, indie rock band Wallows sings "Drunk on Halloween." I'm sure at least a couple of you have been there.



Next is "It's Almost Halloween" by Panic! At The Disco. They're not wrong!




Lastly is a piece that's not really related to Halloween or is technically a music video, but at the same time is also both of those things. Longtime readers will know that I am a devout Schoolhouse Rock fan, but this cartoon is a part of the series I hadn't seen until I was an adult.

"Little Twelve Toes" is Schoolhouse Rocks' installment designed to teach multiples of 12 with the help of a twelve-toed space alien. It's well meaning, but also weird and surreal at the same time, which I think makes it perfect for Halloween. Also, the alien looks like the late Tom Petty.



Thanks!

2 comments:

Tom said...

I never made the Tom Petty/Little 12 Toes connection, but you're right. I remember seeing that SHR short for the first time back in the '70's. For some reason, at the time, I confused the song with Chicago's "Wishing You Were Here" and was convinced they were one in the same.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Tom: OMG, they DO sound the same! That's awesome! :)