Friday, October 23, 2020

Something Wicked This Way Comes (1972)



Closing out Week 3 of the Countdown to Halloween is a film adaptation of the Ray Bradbury classic Something Wicked This Way Comes...but not the version you expect!

This version from 1972 appears to be a British production and is 11 years older than the more famous version by Disney released in 1983. I saw the Disney version for the first time this year, and possibly due to all the hype I've heard about it over the years, I was disappointed in it. Maybe this more obscure version will do me better.

Have a great weekend! It's the last one before Halloween, make it count!
 

3 comments:

Bob Johns said...

Added this to my watch list I can not find the Disney version anywhere and I have been dusting off the VHS shelves at thrift shops looking. Was so bummed that Disney Plus did not get this one.

Phillyradiogeek said...

I found my VHS copy of the Disney version at a yard sale in my town several years ago. It still has the sticker of the mom and pop video store that rented it!

Tom said...

I like the Disney version, particularly the Jonathan Pryce Mr. Dark character, but it does have some odd parts that don't quite work. I'll definitely check this other version out. I love seeing alternate, especially earlier, takes on stories.