Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Suspense, "Ghost Hunt" (June 23, 1949)

 


Today I have an especially fun treat. Today I present an episode of the classic radio drama Suspense.

Suspense was a top-notch radio drama with A-list writers and actors that ran on CBS radio from 1940 to 1962. Most episodes featured stories of crime and danger, with the occasional dive into the fantastic. This is one of those episodes.

"Ghost Hunt" features Ralph Edwards, most famous for being the host of This Is Your Life, as a disc jockey who enters a supposed haunted house as a stunt for his radio show. He of course doesn't believe in such things so he enters the house willingly with an expert in the paranormal.

Let's just say the jock shouldn't be so skeptical.

I loved this episode when I first heard it years ago, and I hope you enjoy it too. Thanks!

4 comments:

Richard S. said...

I've heard it, and can certainly recommend it!

There are SO MANY great radio dramas out there that still hold up - this is just one of them.

(The Countdown to Halloween sent me here!)

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Richard, and welcome to my blog! I love old time radio!

Bob Johns said...

Man, I loved heading to the library, and as a treat, my mom would allow us to get a story on tape. That was my first introduction to Vincent Price his ghost stories scarred me in a good way.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Bob! I love to hear personal memories like this!