Friday, October 2, 2020

Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters Halloween Episode

 



Here it is, the first article of the Countdown to Halloween after the initial kick-off, and we already find ourselves at a Friday. Fridays during the Countdown mean long-form programming, and the first program of this year finds us celebrating Halloween with--Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters?

Sure, why not?

This is a Halloween episode of the sister act's popular NBC variety series that aired from 1980 to 1982. The entire hour isn't completely Halloweeny, but there's enough early 80s kitsch to make it fun. Plus, Gladys Knight and the Pips guest star, which is pretty awesome.

The audio quality isn't that great I'm afraid, so you'll want to crank the volume up as high as you can.

Enjoy the first weekend of the Halloween season! Scare somebody (responsibly)! Make Halloween treats! Decorate! Watch a monster movie or four!

BOO!

4 comments:

Bob Johns said...

Nice added it to my watch list! Love stuff like this.

Tom said...

Love those '70's variety shows. Added to my watch list. Thanks!

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Bob and Tom! I wasn't too sure how this one would go over, but I'm glad you are looking forward to it! My mom and dad loved this show!

Bob Johns said...

I miss old verity and skit shows that work. I know they keep trying now but they can never seem to get it right.