Monday, October 5, 2020

Halloween TV Commercials 2020 Edition!

 



Welcome back to the Countdown to Halloween at Me and You and a Blog Named Boo!

Today we begin the first full week of the Countdown, and in annual blog tradition, I feature this week a small collection of TV commercials related, however tangentially, to Halloween. They may be scary, usually they're funny, but they're always enjoyable. Here is this year's batch!

In this commercial from 2015,  a young lady wants to eat her Doritos in peace, and not have to contend with her vampire boyfriend for a nibble. Doritos are a very personal thing!



Staying with the vampire theme, a concerned dad goes to clever measures to warn his daughter about her "goth" boyfriend. It's Delisso Pizza and its garlic-filled crust to the rescue!




Here is a short but "sweet" commercial for my favorite candy of all time, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. It wouldn't be Halloween without them!




Frankenstein can be awfully grouchy without a hearty breakfast. Fortunately for all of us, Bee comes through with a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios!



This is a fun one for a Dracula electronic game from the early 80s. The legendary Matt from Dinosaur Dracula did a great video review of this game that you can see here.




Finally, we have an, ahem, "interesting" commercial for Hamlet cigars. It involves Frankenstein and...well, I'll let you see for yourself.




Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for more monstrous fun all month long!

3 comments:

Bob Johns said...

I have never seen that pizza commercial or that sweet looking video game before.

Phillyradiogeek said...

I'm surprised how many of the more recent commercials I've never seen until I come across them on the Net, Bob. Very strange!

Caffeinated Joe said...

Cutting cable has also changed what commercials I see. A lot of the nationwide, network ads aren't shown on Hulu or other streaming sites. Weird thing to say I miss, but in a way I kind of do. Thanks for sharing.